10 June 2009

DBKU and The Cat Museum

Before this, I told you that I went to DBKU to see the view there. At the same time, I took the opportunity to visit the one of the most popular museums in Kuching, that is the Cat Museum. I bet many locals (from Kuching) have not visited this museum, either because they do not know about it, or they are simply not interested in the museum stuff. Hehehe

Well I can show you some photos because, in this museum, we were allowed to take photos as we have paid RM3.00 to the staff at the counter to bring a digital camera in.
(This is the entrance, and my son was excited to go in. He kept on mentioning "Cat Ma Mauw" )
(At the entrance, you can see the big photo of our Chief Minister)
(I love this painting, so I took photo of it)
(I was wondering, what were these warriors got to do with the Cats. You can see Rosli Dhobi's photo here)
(These are the photo galleries of cats)
(The hand-made iron cat)
(Love these cat posters)
(Some cat lovers even buried their cats properly by putting a tombstone)
(A nice painting. Can you see the cat below the table?)
(More cat paintings)
(Another nice cat photos, which were framed nicely)
(This cat museum is inside this DBKU building)

25 Reptozian Messages:

amieyalen said...

Rasa nya lama dah tak pergi sana... nice place actually... but people whom lives in Kuching jarang nak appreciate that kind of places.... jarang nak visit... but will go there later... :D

Ms Tikot said...

Last kmk pg kat cat museum tok, dlm thn 2007. Byk patong pusak kat sia.

Haha... dah namanya cat museum.

nur enjel said...

Great idea ..i must bring my friend there .. felt like in the cat museum by reading your post :)

Willie said...

Amiey > MEsti pergi lagi...

MsTikot > 2007? That was almost 2 years ago? Hehehe...memang byk patong pusak. Mummy pusak pun ada.

chubskulit said...

wow what a beautiful museum for cat lovers.... Very interesting.. thanks for the bday greetings..

john said...

that is one of a kind museum to see!

Yatie SawaNiLa said...

MUSEUM KUCING... I NEVER KNOWN ABOUT THAT...
MENARIK

Mei Teng said...

It's all about cats huh?

I like the painting (4th photo from the bottom).

Samantha said...

I remember this place. Had strange memories there. Kinda creepy towards the insides where the stuffed and preserved cats are. Eeeek... *runs*

Willie said...

Chubskulit > You're lucky to receive a new digicam. Hehehe

John > Looking forward to see you to visit my country. Hahaha

Yatie > That;s because, you are not local. Hahaha..come and visit us here.

Willie said...

Nur Enjel > Yup. Bring along your friends. Introduce them to our pride....the cats.

MeiTeng > Yup, and I like the painting too.

Samantha > Oh yes. That part is creepy...

fufu said...

wow nice!!! i would like to visit this museum too if i go to kuching =p

Kengkaru Kong said...

kacak jua gamabr kitak, Will... hebat eh... nang dah pro lah kitak tok. anyway, have a great day! saja jak jalan2 pusing2

Willie said...

Fufu > HEllo Fufu, i think it is a nice place to go when you are visiting Kuching.

KengkaruKong > Not as good as you, i think. Hehehe

elcynthia 엘신티아 said...

Willie, most locals wont visit local place because they thought they can always visit them, which they actually dont. hahaha... I havent visit Labuan's Museum yet as well. But best oh.. can bring camera inside? Most museum I knew wont allow it e.g. Muzium Sabah.

Jacob Yap said...

I like the photos..Nice..
Haha hope to have a 2nd visit to Kuching =D

blinkky said...

I like the entrance. The big cat looks amazing.

maxivelasco said...

wow! that's a cool place to visit. i hope i can fly to that place one day and take some photos, too for my blog.

thanks for sharing!

maxi of www.ovahcoffee.com

shraqs said...

OMG. I miss my old days in Kuching a few years back. Last time I've been there around 5 years ago. Really nice place. Thanks for sharing

Bb Hussain said...

yes..nice place.. and nice pictures..my pictures are not so good la..

designationjazz said...

Ha ha!! mummy pusak pun ada...It's been 5 yrs I've never been there.. gosh... tat's 2 long man..

sharon (^.^) said...

I wonder is there any rabbit museum around

Ida Athanazir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ida Athanazir said...

haha.. that foto of our CM, he's receiving something from my father in law... kee kee kee.... now he stays home & play golf, dah pencennnn

Ayie said...

purrr, lots of cats!