16 June 2009

The Review & Photos Of Four Point Sheraton, Kuching

(Photo by : www.starwoodhotels.com)

Inspired by Samantha Poh coverage on dinning at Four Points Sheraton, Kuching, I finally decided to give it a try myself. I think it's been quite a while I have not treated my family with a 5-Star dinner. So, last night was the perfect time to do so.

Before going there, I surfed the net and it was heartbreaking to find that, the internet does not provide specific information about the cafe. Some travel agents website provide only small details of the cafe and the hotel. As usual, most travel agents websites do not provide the contact number of this hotel or the actual price list for the accommodation and the restaurants.

So, driven by the lack of information from the net, I went there to have a look at it by myself and made inquiry about the price before bringing my family there. I hope the little information in this post will help guide the rest of you, who might want to have dinner there in future. I include the photos for you to see (Used my small Canon digicam, which I feel weird using now) to take photos.
(This is the table set up. They have tables for two, for four and for eight. Each table has forks, spoons and knives)
(These are the stalls where food is served. They have two types of food - Oriental and Western food. Some of the food are lamb, fish, seafood, noddles, Dim Sum, Chicken Rice, Roasted lamb, pancakes, cakes, fruits, etc...)
(The cleanliness is superb. The Chefs and their assistants are super friendly and very helpful. But I wonder why some of the waitresses are not locals. They sounded different when I spoke to them. They sounded like Phillipinos)
(Here, in the middle of the restaurant, they placed all the dessert and some seafood)

So,
1) What's my overall impression of this place?
- Clean, the staff are friendly and I love the choice of food. Plenty of food to choose from. Felt like eating everything they had.

2) How about the taste?
- I can't really say about this because, different people have different taste bud. But if you insist to know, I would say, the taste of food is superb!

3) How about the price?
- I chose buffet dinner. So, for adults, RM58.00 per person (Excluding the taxes). For Children (3-12) half price. For Children (0-2), free of charge. Different charges for buffet lunch. If i'm not mistaken RM38.00 per person.

4) what about the parking?
- If you are not staying overnight there, you can park at the shophouses parking space which are located opposite the hotels. Don't worry, plenty of parking spaces there.

5) Do they accept credit card?
- Of course! Definitely. They accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express.

6) What's the phone number?
- 082-280 888

Well...finally, when I was there, I had the chance to meet Tan Sri Ting Pek Khing in person. He was there to check the Hotel because our PM (Tan Sri Najib) is going there to officiate the hotel. Maybe on Thursday (18 June 09).

25 Reptozian Messages:

nicksuneo said...

I will be there, at the Four Season, Four Point today for lunch...

Bb Hussain said...

really good information..

lvynana said...

nak pergi, tp belum juga kesampaian.

Willie said...

NIckSuneo > Sik ajak aku?

BbHussain > Thanks. Hope you will go there someday.

Ivynana > Tak perlu rushing bah. Sure you will set your own time later kan?

amieyalen said...

Will be there later.... :D

Big Momma said...

nice photos!!! belum gik jejak kaki sia.... melimpas ajak... he he he

Ms Tikot said...

Maok pegi sia klk ngan big momma or perjumpaan cdak bloggers kat sia, boleh juak hor...

joegrimjow said...

cool

i will be there!!

Willie said...

Amiey > Hehehe...and I know with who...

BigMomma > Aih? Jgn melimpas jak...menyinggah ler?

MsTikot > Besar belanja eh mun molah gathering sia. Hehehe

joegrimjow > Yup. Make sure u go there ...a nice place to eat.

Mysterious Witch said...

hmm... make sure I'm super hungry then I'll go for buffet... hehehe

Norris said...

ehehhe...aku stay di four point pada malam pertama aku...ehehe..tempat tok nang best...semalam sik cukup...view nya cantik...bilik pun cantik...romantik sgt2....

幼幼 said...

it's my honour to be praised by a photographer, as my blog photos are actually being captured by using my sony ericson K810i handphone :-)

nur enjel said...

bercita-cita untuk g ke sia ...sik juak kesampaian ...

Mummy Gwen said...

Nice pics. Very good ambience. Too bad I'm not staying in Kuching.

Ivy Metaga said...

huhu..bestt nya...

thanks for the info..=)

Willie said...

MysteriousWitch > Yup. You should be really hungry before you go there.

Norris > malam pertama? Ehem!

NurEnjel > Jgn mengalah .Teruskan cita cita anda.

MummyGwen > Hahaha..u can always visit us.

IvyMetaga > Sure. No problem!

C.Alv.B said...

Wah.. really informative and make my heart to jump there.. I hope so

blinkky said...

Looks exclusive.

Kris and Nadia said...

wah.. hebat ooo ... ba 18 nanti pg la sana ambik gmbr PM :) hihi..

marlene said...

I admit I asked hubby where Sarawak is (shy me) as I haven't heard about the name. And he said he'd been to Kuching himself. I wish I could visit the place, too.

Yes, it definitely looks clean! The place is really inviting.

Willie said...

C.Alv.B > Hehehe...luckily I went there...

blinkky > And big too..

Kris & Nadia > Too many people bah. Malas ba...

Marlene > Hahahah...probably you only heard of Malaysia. It's good that you hubby were here before.

renaye said...

ah! i wonder what happens when the restaurant informs u that their credit card machine breaks down when u want to make payment!

Mei Teng said...

Your Canon digicam did a very good job. Very clear images of the place.

Willie said...

Renaye > Pay by cash lo...

MeiTeng > hahaha u noticed that i used digicam...

Ayie said...

nice shots here, the place has good facilities and looks very elegant too.