18 June 2009

Sarawak Fifth Cultural Symposium 2009 Event

Yesterday, our organisation was invited to attend the opening ceremony of "Sarawak Fifth Cultural Symposium 2009". I guess it was because the Chief Minister of Sarawak officiated it, so they need many government, semi- government agencies and also government-link agencies to witness the opening ceremony. I love this kind of event anyway especially, when I can take photos. During the symposium, they have exhibition booths opening for public (p/s : Read the Borneo Post, 18 June 2009 for full story yeah?)
(The Melanau)

(The Chinese)
(The Orang Ulu)
(The usherers in traditional costumes, waiting for our CM)

(The Bidayuh)
(The exhibition booth for Melanau)
(The Indians)

And well...this is the poorest shot I have of our CM. I'm a failed photogrpaher because I failed to take our CM's photo well. At this time, there were too many press around and also some ministers. So, I had to raise my DSLR up high....hehehe...I need to practice my skill in taking photographs in crowd. Next time , I will push whoever is blocking me...bad am I?
(Our current Chief Minister of Sarawak)

16 Reptozian Messages:

Hazel said...

wow, so many great pic here.

AmirFX said...

Ingin nak pegi sia ehhss... Tang byk jak benda best d sia.. haha.. Nway, nice pic. Dirik perlu tmbh tinggi gik..

lvynana said...

I can see some familiar faces there!

amieyalen said...

The last time I wore melanaus customs was many2 years ago... missed the customs...

Bb Hussain said...

good try..heheh..u should just pretend that u are one of the press members..hehhehe..

Willie said...

Hazel > Thanks.

AmirFx > HAhaha...hari tok last. Di DUN lamak.

Ivynana > Hah? Who?

Amieyalen > Are you a Melanau?

BbHussain > I did. They thought I was a press because I brought a DSLR. Hahahaha

Si Penconteng said...

Eee. Bes la ada exhibition kedak tok. Kamek nang minat hal-hal cultures tok.

Samantha said...

You could've taken a photo with the CM lol. Great photos Will, as usual.

CT NORAMIZA said...

i love bidayuh :) dont know y, maybe they r beautiful, no?

Mysterious Witch said...

haha.. that pic of CM remind me of a shot of Dr. M I take past few years... Just push away the crowd, I won't call it bad.. haha.

Willie said...

SiPEnconteng > Sayang sekali, hari tok last.

Samantha > I tried, but the bodyguard stopped me.

CTNOrmaiza > Bidayuh ladies are beautiful.

MysteriousWitch > Dr M is more camera friendly. He didn't mind to take photos with you. My wife took one photo with him before.

Marlene said...

Oh, my, I've always wanted to see these costumes in real life. They particularly speak of certain nationalities.

Hehee, don't blame yourself for taking a bad photo. It's not that bad, anyway. It's just hard to take a shoot around so many people. :-)

Willie said...

Marlene > Those are the ethnics we have in Sarawak. The photo? Hahaha...I will improve myself though.

Norris said...

sayang muka CM sik penuh...ahahha.dugaan ya willie...bukan senang ambik gambar YB...

Willie said...

Norris > MEmang penuh cabaran ambik gambar Yb tok.

Ayie said...

wow, so many different costumes!