09 July 2009

Stamps Exhibition and Sales in Kuching

I went to meet Cyril & Amiey yesterday at Wisma Seberkas before the RWMF preview at Waterfront. Coincidentally, there is a stamp exhibition and sales there. Some of you might have known that I am a stamp collector. I was overjoyed to see stamps from all over the world being sold there. This exhibition and sales will still be on until 12 July 2009. While I was there, I chat with some of them. The Indian lady in the photo told me that they are from Perak and selling stamps is their main business. They travel all over Malaysia to sell stamps and sometimes, they went overseas. Also joining them is the POS Malaysia team, who are selling special edition stamps.
I was madly in love with the stamp below, sold by POS Malaysia, because it is printed in black and white. So, without hesitation, I bought it for my personal collection. They said, this stamp is almost finish.

Then, I saw these stamps. Very nice indeed, since they show wedding costumes of Malaysians. Again, without hesitation, I bought them too.
Finally, at home, they are all safe and sound in my thick album.
(My stamp album)

22 Reptozian Messages:

lvynana said...

wow, byk nya stamp.

Titil said...

Wah. Dolok kamek ada juak kolek setem. Pi kejap jak hobi ya. Ehe. I think stamps are...fascinating. 'Cause each stamp has a unique story and personality.

amieyalen said...

I was overjoyed to see the money... wanted to buy, but yala... huhuhuhuhuh I love old money collecting... I have few.. espcially from brunei, malaysia (during the japanese), indonesia, singapore... and much more... don't want to sell it... i am having fun collecting those things... some says, it's worth nothing, but for me... it's for fun... :)

AmirFX said...

Wohoo... Byk juak upa koleksi setem dirik ya owhh... Aku dolok ada berisik book stamp p kinek tuk dah tukar ke collecting old money...

CT NORAMIZA said...

i never know that u r stamp collector :)

Willie said...

Ivynana > MEmang banyak. Terbeliak mata.

Titil > Uih? Tukar nama dah? BEtul lah...stamps memang ada story.

Amiey > Uh...i love money too..

AmirFx > Agi ada duit lamak ya amir?

CTNoramiza > hahahah ... now you know

ladyviral said...

Wow.. I havent been collecting for ages now.. I used to collect them but I grew out of it as I stop receiving stamps. Made me miss my stamps... going home to find them today.

Khairul Antasha said...

zaman nemiak dolok jak suka collect stamp..nektok collect benda lain gik..hehehe

Becklee said...

My father's stamp collection is collecting dust in the cupboard. Maybe one day I will sell them.

Samantha said...

How much is that black and white stamp you photographed?! :)

rainfield61 said...

I used to collect first day cover long time ago. Besides, when mobile POS Malaysia opened counter at my ex-factory, I always bought a full sheet of new stamp which cost 20 sen or so. But all these were during "yesteryear".
Anyway, when I travel to foreign countries, I keep my habit to buy some stamps.

elcynthia 엘신티아 said...

wahh!!! serious?? U're so lucky lah. I'm a stamps lover my self and the only souvenir I treasured the most are stamps. I am so jealous right now! hehehe... aigoo~~

Kris and Nadia said...

wahhh... sya dulu2 ja collect stamps..huhu.. hobi hangat2 taik ayam ja .. ntah mana sda smua tu stamps sya.. :)

Krisno said...

wah...stamp stamp everywhere...

Bb Hussain said...

wow..cantik2 nya stamp semua tu..

blinkky said...

You have a lot of stamps in your collection. I wonder, how long does it take to collect all those =)

Willie said...

LAdyViral > I still collect stamps, but not as die hard as before. Hahaha

KhairulAntasha > Nek tok collect apa?

BEcklee > what? Sell? aren't you going to keep it?

Samantha > Rm1 only. THey said it is almost finished.

Rainfield61 > Wow...Buying stamps is indeed a good thing to do when you are overseas.

Elcynthia > Wow...if you have any extra, can u give to me? or we can exchange stamps, since i have a few extras.

Kris & Nadia > Kekekeke....sudah jadi taik ayam ler tu....

Krisno > Yup bro!

BbHussain > Memang sgt cantik.

Blinkky > It take years....

Mahirah Kamaludin said...

kalau stamp yang unik, classic and cantik2 tu, berapa harga ya? tak pernah tau pun.

Willie said...

Mahirah > Kalau Pos Malaysia yg jual, murah sket. Yg tu dlm gambar tu, i bought only for RM1.00

[h]einsen said...

gik igt time sekolah rendah dolok bila xda idea mok engkah hobi apa rah borang ka report ka padah jak "saya suka mengumpul setem" padahal xda pun collect setem tok heheh..

Ayie said...

lots of stamps!

elcynthia 엘신티아 said...

willie,
i'll be happy to trade some.. hehe.. itupun kalau ada yg berkenan. gonna check my collection soon. mmg ada yang extra but dunno if u're interested. gonna get back to this soon *smile*