26 August 2009

Breeze Mag Model & Alvin Leong Talk

Last night I had a wonderful evening as I managed to push myself to attend a photography talk organised by Open University Malaysia (OUM) and Alvin Leong Academy. The whole event was marvelous as we listened to experienced and professional photographers such as Saiful Nang, Alvin Leong, Jason Victor and Brendan Goh. Although we fininshed late, we went back sastified.
Mr Alvin Leong was the opening speaker of the night. He shared his vast experience in photography and I love the explanation he gave on his photos because he gave us lots of ideas to improve our shots. He displayed his photo work on the big screen and we were amazed and speechless.
(Mr Alvin Leong)

Mr Saiful Nang on the other hand, is a marvelous speaker. He sounded like a motivational speaker as throughout his speech, he created jokes that made us laughed and it was really a powerful non-sleeping medicine because his slot fininshed at 10.45 pm. I am impressed by his photo work because he is different from many other photographers.
(Mr. Saiful Nang)

Mr Saiful Nang created his own unique photography. He said, "I don't play by the rule. I break the rule" . Many of his photo is overexposed and he never use flash light to take photo unless he is in desperate situation, furthermore his customers have to be shot in a fun and joking manner (look at his photo above). Not only that, his profile is impressive as he was the Royal photographer for the Sultan of Brunei.

At the end of the talk, we were given 3 models to shoot. This was really a memorable experience for me. These three models are from Breeze magazine. Enjoy the shots I took that night. Adios. Feel free to give your comment yeah?







25 Reptozian Messages:

Ayie said...

that's nice, to improve our photog skills those seminars, talks and all can really help big time.

nice models and shots

Rudy said...

good one willie. Thanx for the report..didnt attend last nite..too many work to be done..

ladyviral said...

Saiful Nang photographs are hard to see, but of course the happiness was brought out. But that could be maybe the of the person in the picture hehe.

I feel that the fifth picture should be taken in color because then her nake up can be seen more clearly. :)

JT said...

havent go for alvin leong talk for a long time. when last one is when i was in swinburne which was... 2 or 3 years back..its nice for u to go....
i bet it is a nice event

Big Momma said...

good experience and exposure for you! hope to see u become one of them too...

that guy model is my friend's (cute manja) son..

Willie said...

Ayie > hi Ayie, thanks for dropping by. Yes, we need to enhance our knowledge.

Rudy > No wonder aku sik nampak u.

LadyViral > Haha...like Saiful Nang said, sometimes we don't play by the rule. Satisfaction depends on the photographer. hehee

JT > Hi. Glad to see you here. I hope you could join us once again then.

Bigmomma > Really?

designationjazz said...

Hey bro.. when do u want to shoot me as yr model huh?.. he he :-p

Superman said...

So nice to attend the talk. Don't have this type of talk over here. Sigh. But nowadays many people will carry a digicam whenever they go out.

Willie said...

DesignationJazz > Kalau ada pengerasnya...anytime bro. Hahaha

Superman > Very true. Life's made easir with digicam

rainfield61 said...

I have not attended any similar seminar. It must be fruitful for you.

amieyalen said...

How come I didn't know about the talk.huhuh what a missed!!! :P

Attending event for Breeze, I sometimes learned about photographers... when they meet up... all of them will talk nothing but cameras...hahaha and lenses... and photos... :P

Ms Tikot said...

Maok juak gambar mcm model ya, nak jadi model gemuk lok. hahaha.

Krisno said...

Fuyoooh..rugilah aku sik pegi..i didn't know there will be a talk this season..late registration haha..

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Ada rasa nak attend that night..tapi sikpat, ku ada hal lain. Tapi rasa rugi jak sik pegi eh ishkk. Anyway, thanx for the info XD

f.loren said...

a fren booked few seats but suddenly kenak pdh sekda seat available gik. frustt lah.

anyway hope u gained a lot !! im having fun with my trial n error method. lol. and i learn editting here n thre frm the net.. google is my bestfren

neways im not a good photographer to comment yours but of course you ve improved in many wayssss.....

keep it upp~!

eugene said...

hai willie,

next time you come to penang,must let me know,,, take a lot of pictures for me and my family ya? i am sure you are very good at it,,,

hey,it has been raining in Penang for the past 36 hours,, kind of boring, wish i could take some pictures,,, my camera is so outdated lah,,,,,

cyrildason said...

I think the seminar is very good, and I like Saiful Nang's photos...

I googled him up after reading your blog, and well.. he is juts plain talented!! Really nice photos from him.

-cyrildason.com

Chel Rinj said...

wah...cantik cantik la your photos...

SJ said...

great tips! nice shots too! are you in photography field?

happy merdeka!

ps you're invited to drop comment on any of my posts too. =)

Ivy Metaga said...

nice pics...=)

kenwooi said...

the picture by mr saiful! O.O kinda obscene right? haha.. anyway nice shots of the models.. =)

kenwooi.com

foongpc said...

Nice shots! But I am only talking from a novice perspective! haha!

It's good to attend seminars to improve on your photography skills! : )

Willie said...

Hi all,

I just came back from a short leave. Thanks for leaving your comments. I really appreciate them. Comments are constructive to our mind right?

Black Water Edition said...

VERY2 5 star shot men!

Alvin Leong said...

Hi Willie, thank you so much for attending our talk. its great pleasure to have you there.. i am glad you have enjoyed it and we look forward to organise more of these talk in the near future. just add me in facebook, we will have the latest update there.. my FB add alvin_leong@hotmail.com

thanks again! alvin