21 August 2009

Creative Photos and Editing

International Organisation Standardization (ISO) is a must for a company who wish to strive for quality and achieve international standard. After two years being the internal quality auditor, I once again attended a refreshment ISO course. Some people call us as policemen. Hahaha
Well...not really interested in talking about ISO actually. If you look at our group photo, the background was actually quite ugly. So I did not photoshop it but I used photoscape software. I would suggest to all bloggers to use this software which you can get for free from the internet. It was recommended by Mama Belian & Cengal. Link here

Are you adventurous with your DSLR? well...I love trying new things. For the photos above, I took photos of my son in low light condition but increase the ISO to ISO 800. Then I put my camera on waist level (in Digital camera they call it as Children eyes) . And finally of course, a slight touch by Photoscape -I only use smart skin blur (1.5) to reduce the noise.

Well...guys, what do you think? Still ugly?



14 Reptozian Messages:

eynda said...

Nice shots....eynda selalu edit pic thru picasa 3 je...later nak download photoscape...memang ramai yg rekomen :-)

erolnukman said...

gambar 3 igek dibah ya angle kacak dah..cuba vanture sik payah reduce noise pasya bolah B&W tambah ckit brightness.eksperiment bah..hehehehe

cherie said...

hi there, willie! love these shots of your son!

Willie said...

eynda > Photoscape memang bagus.

Erolnukman > Memang sengaja sik ditambah brightness nya bro..hahaha

Cherie > Thanks.

rainfield61 said...

Photography is the cheapest experiment that I have tried so far. Keep up and cheer.

Rudy said...

Photoshop is our friends. dont forget picasa too.

macam ada effect halo jak kat 1st pix..tapi msg u sampei ngan audience willy.."xperiment"

betchai said...

they are wonderful shots, though i don't know about the photo software ( photscape )and the process you did, but will look into that processing.

Mei Teng said...

A blogger mentioned about Photoscape just a few days ago. Another free photo editing software which is quite close to Photoshop is Gimp. I downloaded it but have yet to figure out how to use. I need to search for the tutorials. It looks complicated. I hope I have the time to figure out how to use Gimp.

C.Alv.B said...

Nice shots.. ISO? emm..this coming Novemebr the 'policeman' will come again to my office for checking..hehehee

cherie said...

hey willie, i am back! are you okay with awards? if so, please grab the Cupcake award from my sidebar, and give it to your cute son! keep his pictures coming!

chubskulit said...

I will definitely check this out, thanks for the tips and for sharing!

Willie said...

Rainfield61 > Yes. Cheaper to experiment photos. Especially when today, you can download free editing software and the use of film is almost obsolete.

Rudy > I haven't tried picasa yet bro.

Betchai > Thanks.

MeiTeng > Actually photoscape is easy to use as compared to photoshop.

CalVB > hi. Long time no see. I thought you have forgotten totally about me. Policemen? Hahah me? Policeman cawangan Sarawak. Ahaks!

Cherie > Sure. No problem!

Chubskulit > You should try. It is a good simple photo editing software.

Ayie said...

i like the first and second shots for your son. That's something new I learnt today...kid's eye view. I've always known just bird's eye view and worm's eye view

cyrildason said...

The software seems promising. Thanks for the heads up on it.

-cyrildason.com