06 August 2009

Hockien Garden, Kuching

I set out to find a possible new location for wedding photograph. Believe it or not, after many years staying in Kuching, I didn't even know the existence of Hockien Garden at Pending until my friend told me about this place. So I went there to have a look.
This Garden was officiated by Datuk George Chan.

My son loves this place. ehehe

My verdict of this place?
Suitable for Chinese traditional outdoor wedding but then, only a few shots can be taken at this place because there are many other distractions surrounding this place such as shop lots, cars, and food stalls, which are visible around this small garden. Not good for your photos.

18 Reptozian Messages:

CT NORAMIZA said...

willie, kuching especially petrajaya has a lot of beautiful places to take wedding photos :)

lvynana said...

Kamek suka gik taman sahabat, prefer tempat yg ada air.

Ssembonge said...

Hopefully I will one day visit that part of the world.

designationjazz said...

I think i ever been here.. well i'll check later.. Good day!

Ivy Metaga said...

hurmm..kmk sik perasan juak ttg taman tok hehehe, baru tau...hik2

eugene said...

wa, this one i sure must complain to Lim Guan Eng, being being predominantly hokkien, we also no have Hokkien Garden...


take care my friend

betchai said...

that is true, it is hard to make shots sometimes where there are just too many distractions like cars. but you successfully hid them and presented beautiful pictures.

Willie said...

CtNoramiza > Agree with u. Been there before.

Ivynana > Taman Sahabat memang cantik.

Ssembonge > Hahah. I am sure that you will do it one day.

DesignationJazz > U can go to Kuching Fest after that. Just next door.

IvyMetaga > Sik perasan? Hahaha...aku pun sik perasan dulok.

Eugene > Hahaha...u can tell that to Lim Guan Eng.

Betchai > not 100 percent actually.

Mysterious Witch said...

I like the bottom right pic of ur son.. haha.. he looks so cute there.

Ai Shiang said...

I have not heard or been to this Hockien Garden before. I've heard of the friendship garden though, are they the same? I think the friendship garden is also at Pending.

Titil said...

Fes taem nangga Hockien Garden tok eh. Looks nice!

Rose said...

hokkien garden in Pending??? Is it the garden adjacent to a badminton court? Where last time they held a dog show previously???

Or this Hokkien garden is another spot???

Becklee said...

Your son is a natural model, hehehe.

cherie said...

hi, willie! i was gonna say - your son made the difference! why not take shots of kids then to fit the background?

Marlene said...

This place is spectacular! I've never been to any Chinese inspired garden, I think such places are rare.

Willie said...

MysteriousWitch > Thanks.

AiShiang > The Friendship Garden is different. It is located at BDC Jalan Song.

TitiL > Kitak sik tauk juak?

Rose > Hockien Garden is near MBKS.

Becklee > Thanks.

Cherie > He did? Thanks

Marlene > It is rare. Probably that's how our govt want to please people.

Ayie said...

the pagoda shot, love it!

happy weened willie!

Jacob Yap said...

I like the garden. Is everyone has to be Hokkien to get there? Haaha