19 August 2009

Macro Shots on Orchids

Photography is much cheaper with the invention of Digital SLR because we do not have to invest on film and developing unecessary or spoilt photos. DSLR has indeed encouraged the growth of new photogrpahers like me.

Unable to attend formal education for photography, learning from other sources such as from Digital Camera magazine is also beneficial. One of the lesson I learned from this magazine this month is on doing good macro shot.

Before this, I always do my macro shot with available lighting (sunlight, usually in the morning) The effect could be that, my macro photos are less detailed. Learning from Hennings, he encouraged the use of flash light from different angle. Lighting will give more details to our macro shot.

Here are some macro shots that I took by using flash light and the flash was not aim directly to the object but rather put at 20 degrees to the left.



All photos are taken from the Orchid Garden, Padawan.

Enjoy...

22 Reptozian Messages:

cyrildason said...

One of the things which my digicam can't do =(

-cyrildason.com

AmirFX said...

wasehhh... nang kacak gmbr bunga2 ya ehhss... jeles katie bunga kelak... hehe...

ladyviral said...

Wow amazing detail.. Even the creases can be seen... nice!

Your SunShine said...

I think your Blog is really awesome for newbies like me in photography world. Thanks!

Ü

eynda said...

I suka photography...sebab tu i suka ur blog ;-)

betchai said...

wow, love the macro shots, the details are so defined, and the lighting brought the best of the orchids.

KHaiRuL aNTaSHa said...

kacak aihhh gmbr2 bunga ya...

Willie said...

Cyril > I think it can.

AmirFx > Katiebunga lamak sik ngabas blog haku. Sik nya tauk. Hahaha

LadyViral > Thanks

YourSunshine > wow! U like photography? Welkam to the our world.

Eynda > Really ?Thanks.

BEtchai > Thanks

Khairul > Thanks. Jarang ku update flickr ku. hahah

CT NORAMIZA said...

nice shot, tok pun kamek sik tauk, ada taman orkid di padawan, huhhh...

mmm when la i can buy that thing (dslr) waaaaa....

ahlost said...

Wow.. you love macro shots hor.. ;)

Nice pics btw ;)

khairul onggon said...

aku baruk jak jual lens macro ehek..

Krisno said...

Great snap shots..i just bought Digital Camera magazine issue 44,which interest me on close-up shot..amazing.

rainfield61 said...

A very good piece of information which may drive me to buy my first flash.
BTW, good experiment on the micro shots.

Willie said...

CtNoramiza > Eh ada...cantik.

AhLost > Sometimes. Hehehe

Khairul > Lor...penting juak macro lense ya bro..utk ambil brg hantaran wedding.

Krisno > must buy a flash bro.

Rainfield61 > You should buy one bro.

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Bro!..aku nang suka main macro. Everytime aku borrow my cuz cam, CONFIRM ku main macro hehe.. especially taking shots of insects kat luar umah XD

Ayie said...

nice macros =)

Josephine said...

Nice photos!

ADYC REGION 5 said...

ha.tok baru tips namanya...tQ...

eugene said...

hey willie,

i betul betul jealous, i love photography but just dont know when i wil pick up the hobby,,

may be coming here more often will sure to pique my interest further, i reckon,,

hey willie, appreciate you being my blogger friend,,ya truly thank you

Willie said...

Faizal > Benda tok mok dipractice bro. Kan?

Ayie > Thanks

Josephine > Thanks

Norris > Hahaha

Eugene > you will soon have the interest in photography.

Marlene said...

Very beautiful shots, willie. I've always wondered how to do a shot with a blurred backgound. This is a good tip for me.

Willie said...

Marlene > U need a DSLR.