17 August 2009

Orang Utan at Semenggoh Wildlife, Kuching

Last week, I had to apply for two days leave because our mom is away to Penang and I had to baby sit my son. Usually, she helps us to look after our son while we are working.

I thank God that the 2-day leave I took gave myself a break from work. It was really stressful at work. On Sunday, I brought along my family member to Semenggoh Wildlife, Kuching to have a peek at the famous Orang Utan. We managed to see two during feeding time. The rest? Probably they were shy to come out that day.

With my telephoto lense, I took the photos of the Orang Utans.
This is a young Orang Utan. He was treating himself food.
This is a female Orang Utan. She was with her child.
This is the park ranger. He gave us briefing on the Orang Utan behaviour.
As you can see, there were many tourists who came here to see our Orang Utan.

28 Reptozian Messages:

amieyalen said...

Bro, what time actually the best to go there? I mean, the last time I went there... was kind of boring....

Ai Shiang said...

I have never been to Semenggoh wildlife. Is it far from Kuching city? Besides watching orang utan, what else do they have?

Norris said...

ermm....telephoto lense tu fungsi nya apa willie? sorry la tanya...nak tau fungsi dan effect pada gambar yang di ambil..dah lama dah u tak share tips ambik gambar yang menarik....

Willie said...

Amiey > I'm not sure. But I went there at 2.30 -pm because at 3 pm, it is the orang utan meal time. They will appear at the open space.

Boring? Unless you went there for photo taking and trekking, then you will not get bored. I didn't manage to hike because it was raining that day.

AiShiang > It is not really far from Kuching city. Besides watching orang utan, you can go for jungle trekking.

Norris > Telephoto lense ya adalah untuk zoom objek yg jauh. Lense biasa sik dapat zoom gilak pok. Tips bergambar? Selalu juak bro. Kenak baca slow slow entry aku...sentiasa ada tips.

Borneo Falcon said...

I have yet to see an Orang Utan so up close and personal yet

P/S: Good to hear your wife graduated from Edinburgh University. It is a good university

Black Water Edition said...

patutla willie lama myepi..paduhal gi misi special ngambik gambar orang utan. Nice shot u got men!!!

Willie said...

BorneoFalcon > U won't want to meet them personally. Hahahah..they'll bite you.

James > Thanks.

journey adventure said...

Love your last photos on the tourist. I was at Matang wildlife last friday and will be posting some pictures soon in my blog.

Hopefully with your nice pictures it will boost up our tourism sectors

nicksuneo said...

Bila difikirkan kembali, memang sarawak kaya dengan sumber semulajadi. Tapi sayangnya semakin pupus

designationjazz said...

Bro, how much is the ticket fee? wanna go there lar..

achika said...

did u meet the newborn orang utan,diyana??

Willie said...

JourneyAdventure > I'm planning to enlarge some of my photos, put them in frames and organise an exhibition.

Nicksuneo > alahai...kesian kan?

DesignationJazz > Rm3 for adults.

Achika > Nope. it didn't turned up.

iamyoursunshine said...

I shall visit when i head over there in September! Ü

C.Alv.B said...

Orang Utan are very unique creatures..

rainfield61 said...

Haha, when you looked the orang utan, they were actually looking at you.
You paid and went there to see them, they just waited for you.
Who are smarter? lol.

Krisno said...

Fuyooh..Orang utan...nice snap.

Marlene said...

I have never seen Orang Utan in real life. They look so kind in the picture. Gorgeous photographs. I like the image of the female Orang Utan, looks so vivid and alive.

Ayie said...

nice shots there! it's fun to go to wildlife...seeing animals takes me away from teh city haze

betchai said...

i love orang utan, they are such a joy to see and photograph. you have wonderful set of pictures, thanks for sharing.

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Brapa bayar masuk sia hoh? binatang lain ada juak ka di sia bro? Maybe I'll bring my wife there this weekend XD

CT NORAMIZA said...

willie, i never know that kuching also have a place 4 org utan :) poor me

Ivy Metaga said...

and again nice pictures.....=)

Willie said...

Hi all,

Was busy lately. If you are interested to go there, you need to pay RM3. You can drive your car to the park.

And to those who complimented my photos, thanks to you. Photography is indeed my favourite activity.

cyrildason said...

Have not been here for more than 10 years.. Maybe one day... but then again, I'm not really into animals.

-cyrildason.com

eynda said...

Nice pictures :-)

Cath J said...

Interesting... ^_^

Becklee said...

The orang utan looks playful and cheeky. One day, I want to visit this place.

Willie said...

CyriL > I love going to zoo and i love animals too.

Eynda > Thanks

CathJ > Thanks.

Becklee > Sure. a place not to be missed!